Our interactive reef tour is famous for its wild stingray feeding and is one of the most popular and unique things to do in New Zealand.
Once you’ve been kitted out in our designer waders, you’ll embark on a reef tour at low tide with our experienced guides.
During your reef tour, you’ll have the opportunity to observe and interact with the natural inhabitants of Tatapouri Bay and even feed wild stingrays!
You’ll also learn about local legends and gain an insight into the methods once used by Maori to manage their natural resources.
Sea creatures you may encounter during your reef tour include:
• Short-tail stingray
• Eagle ray
• Yellowtail kingfish
• Conger eel
Dive Tatapouri’s reef tour is a must-do activity for anyone visiting Gisborne, New Zealand.
This popular tourist attraction is suitable for all ages and large groups can be accommodated by prior arrangement.
As well as tourists and anyone interested in the stunning marine life at Tatapouri Bay, the Reef Ecology Tour is ideal for school excursions and team building days.
• Our reef tours are suitable for all ages.
• Bookings are essential – our reef tours are popular!
• Waders are provided by Dive Tatapouri.
• Reef tour times depend on tides and weather conditions.
• Allow two hours to complete your reef tour.
• Large groups can be accomodated by prior arrangement.
• Pack your waterproof camera – you’ll need it!
Child 5-15 years: $20
Child under 5 years: FREE
Family (2 adults and 2 children): $100
All prices are in New Zealand dollars and GST inclusive.